B16 MVR Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Fax (607) 255-0178
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND NORTHERN GHANA
11-14 September 2006
Bolgatanga and Tamale
Sponsored by the
Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER)
Economy of Ghana Network (EGN)
University of Development Studies, Tamale
VIEW CONFERENCE PROGRAM
VIEW WORKSHOP PRESENTATIONS
- Development in the North – Charles Jebuni
- Developing Market-Based Strategies for Growth in Northern Ghana – Nii K. Sowa
- Globalisation, Employment and Poverty in Ghana – Ernest Aryeetey
- Economic Development and Northern Ghana: Can the Multi-Donor Budgetary Support (MDBS) System Improve Aid Effectiveness in Ghana? – Peter Quartey
- Review of Performance of Ghanaian Economy in First Half of 2006 – ISSER
- The State of the Ghanaian Economy Report, 2005 – ISSER
- Pro-poor Growth in Ghana, and the Prospects in the North – Andy McKay
- Can the Financial System Serve the Northern Poor? Microfinance and Grants for Community Development – William F. Steel
- Accessible Information for Development Dialogue
- The Political Economy of Northern Ghanaian Development : Issues for Discussion – Saa Dittoh
- Institutional Factors, Growth and Inequality; and Possible Implications for Ghana – Andy McKay
- Technical Efficiency and Ghanaian Secondary Education – Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong
- Economic Growth in Northern Ghana
Day 1: Monday 11th September 2006 – Radach Mem. Centre, Tamale
Launch of “State of the Ghanaian Economy Report” (SGER 2005)
The Northern Regional Minister, Hon. Alhaji Mustapha Idrisu,
launches ISSER’s State of the Ghana Economy Report.
Professor Ernesy Aryeetey, University of Ghana; Professor Ravi Kanbur, Cornell University; Professor Saa Dittoh, University of Development Studies.
Tamale: Audience members.
Day 2: Tuesday 12th September 2006 – Radach Mem. Centre, Tamale
Seminar on Economic Development and Northern Ghana
Dr. Charles Jebuni, CEPA, makes a presentation on the Political Economy of Northern development.
Tamale: Questions from a participant.
Day 3: Wednesday 13th September 2006 – SSNIT House, Bolgatanga
Mid-Year Assessment of Economic Performance
Hon. Boniface Agambila, Upper East Regional Minister; Professor Kaku Sagary Nokoe, Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University for Development Studies; Professor Ravi Kanbur, Cornell University; Dr. Peter Quartey, University of Ghana.
Bolgatanga: Audience members.
Day 4: Thursday 14th September 2006 – Radach Mem. Centre, Tamale
Seminar on Contemporary Development Issues
HOME | RESEARCH |
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE |
PROJECT PERSONNEL |
PROGRESS REPORTS |
CONTACT US | SEARCH
© 2016, 2015-2006 SAGA